Southside Baptist Church is located in Waycross, Georgia. We are a group of believers with something for everyone. Whether you are just learning about God and the church for the first time or you are looking for a place to call home, we encourage you to come and see what Southside is about.
Our desire is for every believer to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We want to share the message of Jesus with people who’ve never heard
about Him and with people who follow Him.
Take a minute while you’re here to explore what we believe, read our history, and learn why we do the things we do. Come join us for our worship service. You are our honored guest. Visit SBC and experience the life-changing message of God’s Word. Learn more about our ministry, and don’t hesitate to contact
us if you have any more questions.
If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, please take a moment to read these steps of how you can become a Christian.
First, you accept that you are a sinner & nothing but faith in Christ can save you.
- Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
- Romans 3:10 "As it is written, there is none is righteous, no, not one."
Second, you believe Jesus died to pay for your sins, He rose again and He is alive.
- Romans 10:9-10 " If thou shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shat be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
- Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.."
Third, you accept God's free gift of salvation; you can't earn it.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are you saved through faith. And that not of yourself; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should
- Christ was not a sinner, and the Bible teaches that God took all our sin and placed it on Christ. While Christ was bearing all of our sins in His own body, God punished Him in our place to pay the debt we owe. This was not something God promised to do; it is something already done.
- John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."
2 Corinthians 5:21 "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.."
- Jesus divides the world into two groups: those who are believing and those who are not believing on the Son. Those who believe have everlasting life, and those who believe not shall not see life. The word "believe" means to trust, to depend on, to rely on. To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ means that you accept the fact that you are a sinner; that as a sinner you owe the sin penalty; and that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the debt you owe. However, you must go one step further. You must be willing to completely trust Christ to get you to Heaven--that you will put the matter of your salvation in His hands and depend on Him for everlasting life.
- Now, the moment you do this, God promises you are not condemned, but have everlasting life and that you shall never perish.
- John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
If you will trust Jesus Christ as your Savior, pray this simple prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner, and I deserve to pay my own sin debt,
but I do believe you died for me to pay the debt that I owe.
Today, the best I know how, I trust You as my Savior.
I will depend on You from this moment on for my salvation.
Now help me to live for You and to be a good Christian. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, or if you have any questions concerning salvation,
do not hesitate to contact the church office or our pastor.
Baptism is an outward symbol of an inner commitment you've already made to Christ in your heart. As soon as you decide to receive Christ into your life, you can, and should, be baptized.
- is a picture of Christ's death, burial and resurrection.
- is a picture your connection with the body of Christ.
- is a picture of your commitment as a Christian.
Do you have any questions about baptism? Please contact our church office or pastor.